Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Back in Asheville

The cruelest sight on I-40 coming back from Durham is the Red Oak Brewery, just outside of Greensboro. It tempts you with the sight of giant vats looming over the interstate, rubbing in your miserable face that you have three hours more driving to do, and will be in trouble if you pull off at the next exit for delicious battlefield black. They had better be at Brewgrass!

This Friday is the penultimate Feral Chihuahuas show at 35 Below, and it's going to be a good one - we're shredding the envelopes of taste and comedy and setting the stage for a spectacular anticlimax on August 17th. I've spent eight hours on the road and endless times in new-day-job soul destroying meetings, so I should have some great stand-up worked out, but I'll have a good excuse for not having any.

The Feral Chihuahuas are sitting on Friday for the Faces of Asheville project. What body mutilation should I do before Friday?

No comments: