Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Exciting week for bastards

What a week it is for Asheville. I picked the wrong week to go on a beer purge (in anticipation of Saturday I vow to not drink any beer this week). I have a few good opportunities to add to my "You suck" collection of CDs and DVDs autographed with "You suck".

Wednesday night is the John Waters lecture. I hope he'll write "You suck" on my DVD of "Serial Mom".

Friday night is the Girl Talk concert at the Orange Peel. I'll be the guy in the audience who is 10 years older than everyone else in the crowd, but the same age as the ultra-awesome opening act that is Dan Deacon. I hope he'll have his new CD for sale and will write "You suck" on it for me.

Saturday is Brewgrass. Glad I got my ticket well in advance, if I was really thinking I would have gotten some more, the scalp value on them at the moment would cover all that I spent at the Smashing Pumpkins shows.

And I'd like to thank everyone who nominated me for nothing at the BlogAsheville awards. They don't have a "worst blog" award, which is the only one I'd want. Congratulations in advance to those who were nominated and will lose. It takes a lot of effort to be not quite the best in anything and I salute you.

1 comment:

Petulant said...

I am jealous! I am so out of touch with what occurs in our fair city, I didn't find out about Waters till it was sold out!