Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's funny in Asheville? The Oxymorons!

I haven't yet been in town on a Tuesday night to catch the Oxymorons shows at their new venue, but tonight I should be able to make it. Their shows are now at Buddha Bagels (formerly New York Bagels, formerly some bloke's bagels), 333 Merrimon avenue. I don't know if there will be cream cheese available. 7:30 start, free show but I expect they'll pass the hat around.

Asheville Fringe Arts Festival is coming up from Thursday until Saturday. This is the first time in four years that I haven't been a part of the festival, so I'm looking forward to being an audience for a change. There's an insanely complicated pricing scheme for tickets - I can't wait for the full schedule, but I definielty want to see Rock Saber, since the fragments I've seen at No Shame have cracked me up.

The Feral Chihuahuas are trying to coordinate our busy schedules to get a show together. More details as soon as I know it - stay funny Asheville!

No comments: