Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another night of No Shame



Up above is the video from March No Shame, if you want to see "The Guidance Counselor" by George "the" Bastard, cue it up to 10:40. Anyone know how to edit these yourself? And thanks for those of you who have voted for "Autoerotic Asphyxiation" to go into the Best Of No Shame show next month. Keep voting, create new email accounts and send in your votes!

Last night's show was slick, not a lot of hiccups. I brought an odd sketch that ended up going on second-last (this is what happens when you warn a cast that they have a habit of putting my things first). One of the odder No Shames I've been to, some really out-there pieces, some terrible stuff, a few really funny patches. I got a few first-timers as cast members, and they had fun with the piece, and I learned a little bit about what people find funny, and how I write awkward phrases for female characters. Also a pleasant surprise to see Gordon from Scrutiny Hooligans there (well, I saw him leaving so I assume he was there).

Best of No Shame is June 21. Make it a double feature with the Feral Chihuahuas show!

1 comment:

JF said...

George!
Please email noshame@ncstage.org to confirm if you can make it to the Best Of on June 21. Your piece, Autoerotic Asphyxiation got in!