Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bye bye Bastard

Things have been quiet on the George the Bastard front lately, though last night we started discussing some plans for next year's Feral Chihuahuas season, could be a few new Chihuahuas but familiar faces if all goes well. I'm working on a new act for a vaudeville show that Elizabeth is putting together that should be a riot, and writing for a new character.

However right now I'm in Asheville regional airport, grooving on the freeternet available here and getting ready to head to my comedy roots - my first performances were at Melbourne University in 1988 as part of a show called Shag Pile, which eventually became the name of our two-man sketch comedy act (forever known for brushing each other's teeth on TV to the tune of "Duelling Banjos"). The other half of Shag Pile is now a webmeister and comedy writer, as well as one of the personas in the way way underground band New Horizons in Violence.

It's going to be good to be back. I've never performed in Australia as George the Bastard, so I'm hopefully going to hit up an open mic night or find anyone who remembers me for a spot somewhere.

No comments: